PLEASE NOTE: THIS CABLE ONLY COMES IN THE STYLE OF AMERICAN STYLE CONNECTOR AT THE MOMENT, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER AC MAINS SOCKET AT HOME (OR ON YOUR POWER CONDITIONER) BEFORE YOU ORDER.
Sorry for the caps, but this has to be done to make sure it is not going to be missed by anyone.
This is also called TYPE B, and can be found in the link below:
IeGO L80520 Torrent advanced power cable.
IeGO L80520 Torrent designed to be a no compromise cable; to achive this goal, an all new, much heavier gauge layout was used in L80520. In addition, the wire strands used are made with Furukawa copper alloyed with massive amount of silver and gold, and made with IeGO's PUM-OCC process, before it is cryo processed at -240C/-400F to further improve performance.
The cable is then terminated with IeGO's famous direct Gold plated 99.95% pure Furukawa copper plugs that is unequaled in the industry. The combined result is a high performance cable that allows very powerful and neutral presentation, and do so on a scale that far exceeds any other cable at similar or even higher priced ones.
The heavy duty construction of this cable and its connectors ensure unimpeded delivery of electrical power to your equipments, and while most cable can do that pretty well, this cable also provide the following advantages:
- Even better bass and control than L70530, not to mention extension and decay.
- Naturally presented detail with excellent imaging and focus.
- Large and finely layered sound stage.
- Enhances both vertical and horizontal sound staging, not just horizontal.
- Very smooth sound all around, no hint of undesirable sharpness anywhere.
- Perfectly compliments any of your equipments, we do recommend giving the most power hungry equipment priority in using this cable. It will benefit even more so than the less power hungry ones. (ie: Power amps, power conditioner or power filter)
- Perfect for users upgrading from L70530 or those looking for higher end power cables.
L80520 Torrent with the specially designed Ti2020 8085 gold plated copper plugs, note the directly plated gold on Furukawa copper pins. Nickel or other barrier metal is not plated before gold plating, because Nickel is only used to reduce cost, and can flake off in large pieces to cause further reduction in performance.
How best to use L80520 Torrent power cable in your system?
- Give power hungry equipment priority, use it on power conditioner, power amp or similarly power hungry equipment will result in most benefit. Enhanced bass, control and detail can easily be preceive with Torrent power cable
- If those power hungry equipments have been taken care of, source/transport and DACs should be the next in line to receive this cable. It will help your source to revel even more detail than before.
- If you got the above two category taken care of, please also try it on other equipments that you have and let me know what you have observed, I'd love to hear from you.
What about the spec of the cable? The nitty gritty jargons and weird informations?
Well, here we go:
The L80520 is made up of multiple strands of individually insulated alloy wires, with beefier wire gauge and a whole new design to achieve much better performance than the already well received L70530 series. Similar to L70530, the Live and Neutral wire strands are made of silver/copper/gold alloy (with higher silver/gold content of course), with some of the strands silver plated to further enhance performance. For ground wire, multi strand silver plated copper is used, and copper foil (not aluminum like most other cables) for shielding the entire cable.
What's more interesting is that the copper used is sourced from Furukawa (yes, that really expensive Furukawa), their 1020 Copper/Rose copper. It is further purified and then alloyed with gold and silver before it is made into wire (all the copper in the cabling have been alloyed with gold) and OCC casting process is used with diamond drawing die produce the final alloy wire. The silver plated strands additionally receive between 120 micro inch to 240 micro inch of pure silver plating (plating thickness depends on wire gauge).
It is then cryo processed for 22 hours @ -240C/-400F to relieve all internal stress, and then bundled up to make the cable you see above.
Similarly interesting is the end connectors (IEC & AC plug), which are also made with Furukawa 1020 copper. The copper plate is first acid bathed to remove any surface impurity, and then polished before it is directly plated with gold. Of course, the metal used is also cryo processed for 22 hours like the wire is before assembly.
For KECES: All KECES products carries an 1 year parts and labor warranty.
For IeGO: All IeGO products carries a 5 year parts and labor warranty.
For Acoustic-Fun: All Acoustic-Fun products carries a 3 year parts and labor warranty, please keep your original shipping box as it will contain the serial number needed for the warranty.
For All Products: Within warranty period, we will fix or replace it as quickly as possible at our discretion(usually under 3 days). User will be responsible for shipping it to us, and we will pay for the return shipping. For product out of warranty, we will charge a minimal repair/return shipping charge and process it quickly just like we do for warranty. Warranty will be voided if the product is modified, physically damaged(including but not limited to: impact/fall, moisture/water, fire, lighting or other force of nature/acts of God), or improperly used in ways that the product is not rated for.
To discuss or see more information on this cable, please check out the following link to our forum.
Acoustic Fun Power Cable Forum